The American Institutes of Research (AIR) and CJJA were awarded grant funding through to cooperatively develop and implement the Emergency Planning Technical Assistance Program.
Technical Assistance Program Description: Under this program, up to four states, tribes, jurisdictions or facilities are selected to receive technical assistance and support on emergency planning. More specifically, each site/jurisdiction will include:
- A review and feedback of the site’s current emergency preparedness plans;
- Determination of the steps to be taken to align the site’s plan with the key principles and recommendations with OJJDP’s Emergency Planning for Juvenile Justice Residential
Facilities, with consideration of the unique requirements and needs of the site;
- A timeline and oversight of milestones for plan development;
- An in-person 2-day training event held onsite at selected jurisdictions
- An in-person site visit to provide additional support and technical assistance; and
- Virtual TA (webinars) and facilitated “community” calls to allow for peer-to-peer sharing across sites.
Through participation in the TA program, sites will:
- Receive an assessment of their existing emergency plan;
- Develop a comprehensive emergency plan that aligns with the principles of Emergency Planning for Juvenile Justice Residential Facilities; and
- Receive copies of the training materials that can be used for further training and expansion of emergency plans within or across the State, tribe, or other jurisdictions or peer facilities.
Key Dates and Additional Information: The anticipated timeline for these training activities will be between October 2022 and September 2023 with sites having a comprehensive plan developed for final review and comment by September 2023.
- Interested sites are requested to send an e-mail Notification of Intent to respond to the application to . Subject line must read: EP TTA Application
- Application will be released in Fall 2022.